If you’ve never seen American Tribal Style® (or ATS®) before, it’s a group improvisational style of belly dance. Nothing we do is choreographed – once you learn the movement vocabulary, you’re able to cue different moves in the moment of dancing together. Dance becomes more of a conversation, a collaboration: a celebration of spontaneity and beauty!
Check out some of our performances:
- We returned to the Tribal Revolution stage in Chicago in June 2016!
- Teaming up with student troupe Mandali Tribal Sisters for an epic 11-minute set at the Cornerstone Winter Hafla in December 2014: this one has dueling duets, snappy duet combos, spins, and more!
- Our performance at Tribal Revolution in June 2014
- Here’s a link to our set with live drummers at the ISAMETD Winter Bazaar in January 2015 – again, it’s all improvised!
About our members:
- Jeana Jorgensen, founding director
- Use the “About” drop-down menu to learn more about our other members!